Panama Black Winey
Feature2020 AICA Silver, 2018 Bronze, 2017 Silver medals
This fruit bomb single origin will grab your attention for all the right reasons. Grown in Panama, its wine-like flavour comes from the way the beans are dried on raised beds with their fruity pulp left on. Extra airflow in the drying process gives a sweet profile with a full body and jammy sensation. It’s one of our favourite origins for its exceptional character its beautiful extraction in espresso and filter.
Black - Juicy plum, blackberry and mulberry mingle with a dense, winey mouthfeel. Apple-like acidity and touches of pineapple finish.
White - Bright juicy body plum, blackberry and mulberry notes creating a surprising milk cut-through.
- 2020 - Winner of AICA Silver Medal - Espresso Single Origin
- 2018 - Winner of AICA Bronze Medal - Immersion, Single Origin
- 2017 - Winner of AICA Silver Medal - Filter Coffee, Pour Over, Single Origin
- 2017 - Winner of AICA Bronze Medal - Immersion, Single Origin
- 2017 - Winner of AICA Bronze Medal - Espresso, Single Origin
Available in 200g bag
We rate each bean and blend for specific characteristics from 1-10
Aroma How powerful is the aroma?
Flavour Does the flavour hit you immediately, or is it more subtle?
Body Is it a thinner or fuller texture?
Sweetness How would you rate it on a scale of slightly bitter to very sweet?
Finish How long does the flavour linger?
- Dose (In)
- 30ml (Milk Espresso)
25ml (Black Espresso)
- Weight (Out)
- 47g - 49g (Milk Espresso)
35g - 37g (Black Espresso)
- 34 - 36 sec (Milk espresso)
30 - 33 sec (Black espresso)
- Brew Ratio %
- 49% (Milk Espresso)
51% (Black Espresso)
- 93.5 oC
- Tamp Strength