MethodEspresso, Filter, Cold Brew
Feature2020 AICA Silver & Bronze medals, AICA multi award
Silky as velvet with a fanfare of flavours, Black Velvet is a medal winner for black, milk and dairy milk alternatives year after year. A reliable all-rounder for all brew methods, it has a mystique befitting its royal name. Summer berries create a distinctive flavour that will have you coming back for more of this majestic seasonal High Specialty blend.
Black - Lemon and orange glide into a parade of blackberry, mulberry and plum notes. Lingering raspberry finish.
Milk - Buttery body with a sweet candy flavour wrapped up in a mild cocoa finish.
- 2020 AICA Silver Medal Cappuccino Soy Milk
- 2020 AICA Bronze Medal Immersion Blend
- 2019 AICA Bronze Medal Immersion Filter
- 2018 AICA Silver Medal Winner Espresso
- 2018 AICA Silver Medal Milk Coffee Blend
- 2018 AICA Bronze Medal Soy Milk Coffee Blend
- 2017 AICA Silver Medal Winner Milk Coffee Blend
- 2016 AICA Silver Medal Winner Espresso & Milk.
We rate each bean and blend for specific characteristics from 1-10
Aroma How powerful is the aroma?
Flavour Does the flavour hit you immediately, or is it more subtle?
Body Is it a thinner or fuller texture?
Sweetness How would you rate it on a scale of slightly bitter to very sweet?
Finish How long does the flavour linger?