Danes Specialty Coffee are innovative specialty coffee roasters, based in Brookvale. Integrity, innovation and passion are our values. Our team are roasters, wholesalers and educators, servicing customers in Australia and beyond. Our coffee is award-winning. Its rich, distinctive taste is underpinned by our ethos that coffee is about flavour, not format. Danes Specialty Coffee Institute is our elite SCA-accredited coffee training campus with a reputation as a centre of excellence for specialty coffee knowledge.
Are you our new Trainee Coffee Roaster?
Danes Specialty Coffee (DSC) is currently looking for a full time Trainee Coffee Roaster. You will work with Danes Head Roaster to develop your knowledge of coffee to become a valuable member of our award winning roasting team.
About Danes Specialty Coffee
Danes Specialty Coffee is AICA 2018 and 2019 AICA Champion Australian Roaster and specialty coffee supplier based in Brookvale. We source, roast, retail and wholesale specialty coffee for cafés and customers across Australia.
Your role is:
- Learning and developing all the skills required to become a professional coffee roaster.
This includes learning to:
- Roast, blend and pack Danes blend and origin profiles for production
- Work collaboratively to understand, develop and perfect Danes roast and blend profiles
- Contribute to sourcing best quality coffee beans from our green bean suppliers
- Assist the management of green bean stocks
- Being an ambassador for Danes in all aspects of your role
Who you are:
You are passionate about coffee and working collaboratively to develop your knowledge to become a master coffee roaster. You have:
- Minimum three years Barista experience, management experience an advantage
- A passion for coffee, backed by a strong technical knowledge, and looking to take your coffee career to the next level
- An enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated approach, with a flexible attitude suitable for a dynamic work environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of the roasting craft
- Dynamic personality with the ability to engage people at all levels of the business
- Ability to meet KPI’s for production, quality and safety as well as personal and professional development
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel and Power Point; familiarity with Cropster an advantage
- Proven administrative and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Reliable, with excellent presentation and well-spoken English
- A current Australian drivers licence and good driving record
- Forklift License an advantage
Comprehensive training and career development will be provided to the right applicant. An immediate start is available.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to Graeme.firstname.lastname@example.org