From day one, we’ve been trailblazers.
In the 90s we carved our own path, exploring new horizons that paved the way for the Australian specialty coffee industry.
Fast forward to today, and we’ve been crowned the 2018 and 2109 Champion Australian Roaster by the Australian International Coffee Awards. It tops off a record haul of 61 gold, silver and bronze medals in recent years, winning Gold in all categories including Filter, Espresso Blends, Single Origin and Cold Brew.
In 2019, we celebrate 25 years of innovating the specialty coffee industry and 20 years of teaching baristas and coffee lovers about flavour-filled coffee.
With a new look and an accomplished team, we continue to bring a fresh approach, always unearthing new flavours for you to experience.
Flavour is our focus.
Passion for flavour is what drives us. It guides every element of our roastery, retail, training and wholesale activities. Our consistency in roasting, flavour profiles and sourcing only the most premium beans allows us to create these award winning flavours.
We want to show you how coffee flavours can vary through the expression of sweetness, aroma, body and finish – to help you define your favourite flavour. Whether you drink your coffee white or black, understanding how to articulate the flavours you like best is the key to enjoying delicious coffee. That’s how we help you define your flavour.
World class knowledge through Authorised SCA Trainers
Our first class facilities, coffee courses and trainers are essential to our success. And as members of the SCAA/SCA for over 25 years, we’re proud partners of the SCA international training vision and coffee benchmarks.
With our SCA-accredited training campus and team of Authorised SCA Trainers, our Danes partner cafes are in exceptional hands as they deliver you the perfect cup, every time.
A timeline of Australian coffee innovation
1994 Paul Jackson buys Danbrew, a coffee bean supplier for offices around Sydney
- 1995 Danes opened its first specialty coffee house with over twenty coffees to choose from
- 1999 Danes Specialty Coffee Institute launched (DSCI)
- 2000 Maestros Espresso brand launched
- 2001 Danes Grand Barista Championship started
- 2010 Danes Home Barista Competition begins at Danes-supplied cafes
- 2014 DSCI became a SCA training campus and an official SCA Training Partner offering SCA internationally accredited coffee courses
- 2015 & 2016 International Grand Latte Art Championship held
- 2017 Most awarded coffee roaster in New South Wales, with 17 medals awarded at the Australian International Coffee Awards (AICA)
- 2018 Awarded Champion Australian Roaster by AICA and new flagship store opens, Infusion on Clarence
- 2019 Wins Champion Australian Roaster for the second year in a row
Join us at our flagship store in Sydney, Infusion on Clarence, or at our Brookvale roasting, training and retail facility for an amazing coffee tasting experience brewed up by our Danes Barista Guild trainers.