In the 90s we carved our own path, exploring new horizons that paved the way for the Australian specialty coffee industry.
Fast forward to today, and we’ve been crowned the 2018 and 2109 Champion Australian Roaster by the Australian International Coffee Awards (AICA). In 2020, we won 20 medals across all brewing categories at AICA.
It tops off a record haul of 81 gold, silver and bronze medals in recent years, winning Gold in all categories including Filter, Espresso Blends, Single Origin and Cold Brew.
In 2019, we celebrated 25 years of innovating the specialty coffee industry and 20 years of teaching baristas and coffee lovers about flavour-filled coffee.
Although COVID-19 has changed the landscape this year, our accomplished team will continue to bring a fresh approach, always unearthing new flavours for you to experience at home or in your office.
Flavour is our focus
Passion for flavour is what drives us. It guides every element of our roastery, retail, training and café supply. Our consistency in roasting, flavour profiles and sourcing only the most premium beans allows us to create these award winning coffees.
We want to show you how coffee flavour can vary through the expression of sweetness, aroma, body and finish – to help you define your favourite flavour.
You can use the flavour pentagon on each bag to get an idea of how each roast will taste.
And you’ll find a brew guide with ratios, temperature and key info so you can make amazing coffee at home.
A timeline of Australian coffee innovation
- 2020 Danes wins 20 medals in AICA and reaches the roaster’s best ever medal haul recognises versatility and consistency.
- 2019 Wins Champion Australian Roaster for the second year in a row
- 2018 Awarded Champion Australian Roaster by AICA and new flagship store opens, Infusion on Clarence
- 2017 Most awarded coffee roaster in New South Wales, with 17 medals awarded at the Australian International Coffee Awards (AICA)
- 2015 & 2016 International Grand Latte Art Championship held
- 2014 DSCI became a SCA training campus and an official SCA Training Partner offering SCA internationally accredited coffee courses
- 2010 Danes Home Barista Competition begins at Danes-supplied cafes
- 2001 Danes Grand Barista Championship started
- 2000 Maestros Espresso brand launched
- 1999 Danes Specialty Coffee Institute launched (DSCI)
- 1995 Danes opened its first specialty coffee house with over twenty coffees to choose from
- 1994 Paul Jackson buys Danbrew, a coffee bean supplier for offices around Sydney
Join us at our flagship Sydney store, Infusion on Clarence and explore our signature menu. Or drop into our Brookvale roastery and showroom for an amazing coffee experience brewed up by our Danes Barista Guild trainers. We’d love to chat with you over a cup of Australia’s best coffee.